Features & Pricing
|Top Previous Next|
The following table provides a summary of Captools/net features by product level. While we've attempted to identify most major features, some may be omitted, either intentionally (lesser significance) or inadvertently (our apologies), and some may be subject to future implementation. Captools Co. reserves the right to modify feature sets and their implementation level at our discretion.
Additional functional detail is available in Captools/net "Help documentation".
1) Many commonly used institutional custodian interfaces are available at lower program levels, lesser used interfaces at higher levels. Institutional type data feeds are generally only available to qualified investment professionals, such as RIA's, and to very substantial customers. Data download methods vary with custodian and often involve use of software provided by the custodian for a fee. Contact your custodian for eligibility, costs and technical details. More details on interfaces by custodian are provided in Custodian Data Interfaces.
2) Security pricing and data are downloadable from several sources. Download of security pricing and other data from Yahoo (or other non-toll public source) is supported subject to availability and user qualification versus the terms of the data provider.
3) Captools Co. business hours are generally 8:00am to 4:00pm Pacific Time, Mondays-Fridays, excepting U.S. federal holidays, Fridays preceding holiday weekends, the days preceding Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the third and fourth Friday of some summer months, subject to change. Support is provided on an as available, non-warrantee basis and is not a component of the licensing fees. Call-in and email support is limited to pre-designated named contact persons, with additional contact persons and change of support contact persons subject to additional licensing fees. Additional fees may be charged for support of multiple installations or reinstallations of the Captools/net Server Suite within the licensee's annual renewal cycle. Captools Co. reserves the right to withhold support at its own discretion.
4) Report count includes about 20 fund accounting reports and about 5 fund accounting charts at the program levels 3 and 4. Counts also include optionally available multi-currency reports (about 3) and charts (about 6). See Reports_by_Level for a PDF document enumerating report and report field and chart availability by program level.
5) Base # of users is the number of users permitted by licensing terms and maximum number of end-user computers supported by software at the specified program base level without regard to concurrency. Additional users can be added by moving to higher program level or through payment to add users to license up to the indicated "Max # of Users". Licensees with more than 5 concurrent users may find that they will need to additionally license MS-SQL Server software from Microsoft at the appropriate user level in order to obtain optimum database performance. MS-SQL Server software will also be required for users with databases exceeding 1 GB per data table or exceeding 2 GB overall. The "Max # of Users" is not a fixed number but depends upon hardware configurations and user loads. Multiple CPU's may be used to increase the maximum number of users that can be practically supported. Users to be provided phone or email support must be designated by the licensee, with additional "support" users beyond the first subject to additional licensing/renewal charges.
6) Base # of accounts is the maximum number of account records supported at the indicated license level without additional cost. Additional accounts can be added by moving to a higher program level or through payment to add accounts in blocks of 100 up to 2000 accounts and 200 account blocks between 2000 and 4000 accounts, and larger blocks above 4000. Adding users also adds accounts at 100/user. There are generally one or more account records required per client, where there generally be one account record for each brokerage account. Taxable and non-taxable accounts always require separate records. Pooled funds accounts (level 3/higher) count as an account if not already linked to an account record. Pooled fund sub-accounts limits are separate from regular account limits and are billed at their own separate rate (please call for quote).
7) Base # of securities is the maximum number of securities supported in the securities tables. Higher levels available for fee.
9) Captools/net requires certain system configurations such as Microsoft IIS installation and IIS Anonymous Authentication. Users who modify these settings or allow IT consultants to modify such settings on their server after initial Captools/net installation such that Captools/net operation is disabled may be charged a support surcharge by Captools Co. to restore operation.
10) Some features and pricing may be grandfathered for existing licensees.
11) The "Personal Wealth Manager" version of Captools/net is available only to non-professional money managers. Its features are similar to the "Pro-1" but with a limitation of a maximum of 20 accounts, no institutional custodian interfaces and no management fee computation or email reporting functionality. PWM users who need more accounts must upgrade to a higher program level.